After you have downloaded the executable demo file from the Bar|Scan web site, you will be able to complete the BarScan Demo Installation.
BarScan Demo Installation Instructions:
- Double click on the downloaded executable to open the WinZip Self-Extractor.
- Click OK to unpack the zip files to the default c:\barscandemo folder.
- Using Windows File Explorer, navigate to the c:\barscandemo folder.
- Create a shortcut to the file barscanw.exe. Note that you can place the shortcut on your desktop.
- Click on the Bar|Scan shortcut icon on your desktop.
- The Bar|Scan program will ask for a User ID and password to allow master access and rights:
User Name: MAS
- To open the Demonstration Company for the first time, select File-> Company-> Open from the menu.
- Point to the DEMOCO.DBC file in the barscandemo\democo folder.
- Click Ok. You are now using the Demonstration Company. BarScan will remember the Demonstration Company next time.
Once you have completed the BarScan Demo Installation, You will be able to add records, make changes and deletions to any and all fields. The only limitations to the Bar|Scan demo system is that it is limited to 620 assets, 35 Organizations, 70 Transactions, and does not allow synchronization of mobile bar code devices for security purposes.